The Audit Committee is a governance tool formed by the Board of Commissioners, with the aim of helping the Board of Commissioners fulfill their supervisory responsibilities for the management of the Company and subsidiaries by the Board of Directors. The company`s audit committee consists of 1 (one) Chairperson and 2 (two) members. The Audit Committee is chaired by an Independent Commissioner, the composition of the Audit Committee who currently serves is appointed based on the Decree of the Board of Commissioners of PT Polychem Indonesia Tbk No. CSE-BOC / 001 / VI / 2016 dated June 20, 2016 concerning the Appointment of the Chairman of the Audit Committee and Members of the Audit Committee of PT Polychem Indonesia Tbk. The establishment of the Company`s Audit Committee has fulfilled the provisions of OJK Regulation No. 55 / POJK.04 / 2015 (POJK 55) concerning the Establishment and Work Guidelines of the Audit Committee.
The composition of the Company`s Audit Committee is as follows:
- Bambang Husodo – Chairman
- Lieta Irawaty Sumantri – Member
- Christina Tanuwidjaja – Member
- BAMBANG HUSODO – Chairman
Bambang Husodo, as an Independent Commissioner since 2009 and returned to serving as an Independent Commissioner based on the Decision of the Company`s General Meeting of Shareholders on June 25, 2019. He was also appointed and concurrently as Chairman of the Company`s Audit Committee in accordance with the Decree of the Board of Commissioners No. CSE-BOC / 001 / VI / 2016.
Career in several foreign exchange private banks, namely the National Public Bank (1977-1982), the Indonesian National Trade Bank (1982-1991) and Bank Sahid Gajah Perkasa (1991-1999) as the Operations Director.
Since 2000, a career at several companies where until now is still active at PT Inti Mandiri Auction Center as Operations Director (2006 – present), PT Equity Finance Indonesia as GM Internal Audit (2007- present), PT Equity Development Investment, Tbk as Audit committee members (2010 – 2015), and PT KMI Wire and Cable Tbk as Independent Commissioners and Chair of the Audit Committee (2017- present).
He graduated from the 1977 Academy of Finance and Banking and the University of Hull, England (Diploma in Banking Administration) in 1989.
- LIETA IRAWATY SUMANTRI – Member
Lieta Irawaty Sumantri, was appointed as a member of the Company`s Audit Committee since 2009. She was reappointed as a Member of the Company`s Audit Committee in accordance with the Decree of the Board of Commissioners No. CSE-BOC / 001 / VI / 2016.
Career in several banks, one of which is Bank Dewa Rutji as Credit Analyst and Administrative Manager (1995-1999), PT Equity Securities Indonesia as Research Analyst (1999-2002), and as Finance and Accounting Staff at PT Gajah Mulia (1999 –present).
She graduated from the 1999 Tarumanagara University Master of Management in Financial Management.
- CHRISTINA TANUWIDJAJA – Member
Christina Tanuwidjaja, was appointed as a member of the Company`s Audit Committee since 2009. She was reappointed as a Member of the Company`s Audit Committee in accordance with the Decree of the Board of Commissioners No. CSE-BOC / 001 / VI / 2016.
Since 2000, he has served as Banking Restructuring at PT Gajah Tunggal Mulia (2000-2003), as Marketing Manager at PT Gajah Tunggal Tbk (2003-2009) and as Financial Manager at PT Kasongan Bumi Kencana (2009-present).
She Graduated from the Bandung Institute of Technology majoring in Geodesy Engineering, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Planning in 1988.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist the Board of Commissioners in carrying out its supervisory role by providing professional and independent information and recommendations as stated in the Company`s Audit Committee Charter with regards to the following:
- Provide an independent professional opinion to the Board of Commissioners on the Financial Statements or matters submitted by the Board of Directors to the Board of Commissioners;
- Identify matters that require the attention of the Board of Commissioners, such as: Examine the Adequacy of the review performed by the Public Accountant to ensure it is known and discovered things that can affect to business activities and Effectiveness the company`s of internal control;
- Reporting the various risks faced by the company to Board of Commissioners;
- Review and report on complaints received and faced by the company to the Board of Commissioners;
- Reviewing the company`s compliance with prevailing laws and regulations; and
- Safeguard the confidentiality of Company`s data, documents and information
The Audit Committee is responsible for the results of its duties to the Board of Commissioners by submitting the Task Implementation Report
The several activities and / or execution of tasks successfully implemented throughout 2017 include the following:
- Meeting with the Internal Audit that discusses about the result or implementation of the function of the Independent work unit in company.
- With regular meetings and discussions that have been done, expected to produce more maximize results of work and improve the staff ability which ultimately is able to deliver to provide support / suggestions for other work units in carrying out routine activities
- Following the initial meeting with KAP Satrio Bing Eny & Partners to discuss and get an explanation related to the audit plan and schedule as well as the target of completion / acceptance of inspection report.
At the next meeting, in addition to the discussion on the results of the audit on the Company`s Financial Statements ended on 31 December 2017, a review of the adequacy of the examination has been conducted and ensured that the Company`s Financial Statements have been fairly presented in all material respects and records have been made in accordance with the principles accounting is generally accepted.
Audit Committee Meeting 2018
In the year of 2018, Audit Committee has been conducted 6 ( Six ) times meetings. Based on the Audit Committee Charter, the Audit Committee meets at least once every 3 (three) months or held at least 4 quarterly meetings in one year, thus the audit committee meeting is fulfilled.